If you have a Pakistani mobile device that is used, refurbished, or imported, the first thing you should do is get the IMEI number checked by the Pakistan Telecommunication Authority.
Your device may be blocked if it is not recognized by authorities.
You can register your phone with PTA to avoid your mobile phone being blocked. This involves paying any taxes due to your device. It is easy to do online and it takes only a few steps. We will be providing step-by-step instructions for how to pay PTA mobile registration taxes online.
Let’s move on to our guide
Paying Mobile RegistationTax Online
PTA lets you pay your mobile registration tax online. Credits: Facebook/PTA
Below is a detailed explanation of how to pay the PTA mobile registration tax. Take a look.
- First of all, check the speed test of your Hathway internet
- To pay your mobile taxes in Pakistan you first need to visit the Device Registration and Blocking System (DIRBS) Registration Page.
- After you have accessed the link you will need to register on the portal.
- On the next screen, you’ll see a notification. You should carefully read the notification.
- You will now need to fill in two mandatory fields. Please specify your purpose. Choose between “personal” and “commercial” user types. The “commercial” option is only available to registered organizations and importers with the Federal Board of Revenue (FBR span>).
- You may need to select the purpose and then choose your “user type” in the available options. There are two options available: Pakistani (local, foreign traveler, dual-national) or Foreigner (Travelled with Visa). You can choose the option you prefer and then move on to the next step.
- Complete the remaining information and click the “Submit” button.
- Check the email from PTA to verify your account before you log in
- You can now verify your email address and enter your password to log into your PTA account.
How to Apply for Certificate Of Compliance(COC)
- Next, search for the Individual Certificate of the Compliance option (COC) which will be located on the left-hand side of your screen right below the “Dashboard”.
- Select ” Individual ” to see more options. For more information, click on “Apply to COC”.
- You can choose to be a local traveler or an international tourist. You may need to enter your passport number if you are an international traveler.
- To be a local user of a mobile phone, you will only need to enter your mobile number and the name of your operators, such as Jazz/Warid Telenor, Ufone, or Ufone.
PROVIDING YOUR DEVICES IMEI NUMBER(S)
- To find the IMEI number, open the back of the device or dial *#06#
- You now need to select the right option for how many Sim slots you want on your mobile phone. You may find one, two, three, or four slots on some phones.
- Enter the IMEI number of each SIM slot on your phone.
Note: To check the IMEI number of your device, dial *#06#.
Generation of Payment Slips Identity ID (PSID).
After you have submitted the IMEI number for your mobile device, the system will generate a unique PID.
This PSID will be used to pay taxes and dues for your phone to make it a PTA-compliant device.
Paying PTA Tax Online, THROUGH Atm, Mobile Wallet, And Bank Branches
You can easily pay the PTA Mobile Registration tax online via direct bank transfer. Mobile wallets are also available for payment. All major banks and branches in Pakistan accept mobile tax payments.
LATEST UPDATES ON PTA MOBILE TAXES IN PAKISTAN
Get all details about the current rates for PTA mobile taxes in Pakistan.
Fixed-Rate Mobile Phones with C&F Value (USD) Fixed Rate (Amount in KR)
- Up To 30 300
- Over 30$ and up to 100$, Tax = 2,940
- Above 100$ up to 200$, Tax = 4,510
- Above 200$ and up to 350$, Tax = 6,180
- Above 350$, up to 500$, Tax = 17,650
- Above 500$, Tax = 31,520
Notice: If there are any future changes to the mobile registration tax rates, this list may be updated. Keep checking back for the most recent mobile tax rates in Pakistan.
We have now discussed the process of paying PTA mobile registration taxes in Pakistan. It’s time to close.